Touchstone Environmental (Jon Elliott)
Touchstone Environmental, Inc. (TEI) provides regulatory compliance services to corporations and agencies, and program implementation assistance to regulators. TEI applies comprehensive understanding of the environmental health and safety (EH&S) regulatory framework to design compliance programs that are strategic, flexible, and workable. TEI also prepares individual regulatory documents, including permit applications, hazardous materials management plans, and hazardous waste source reduction plans. TEI’s services include: EH&S compliance audits; compliance and enforcement program assistance; specific compliance projects; and comprehensive EH&S compliance handbooks and training. The firm’s regulatory specialists are authors of 15 of STP’s publications.
Jon Elliott, BSE, MPP, JD
Jon Elliott has made a major contribution to STP’s product range for over 25 years. He has been involved in developing the above titles and continues to write quarterly updates for all of these publications.
Mr. Elliott has a diverse educational background. In addition to his Juris Doctor (University of California, Boalt Hall School of Law – 1981), he holds a Master of Public Policy (Goldman School of Public Policy [GSPP], UC Berkeley – 1980), and a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (Princeton University – 1977).
Mr. Elliott is active in professional organizations. He is a past chairman of the Board of Directors of the GSPP Alumni Association, and past member of the Executive Committee of the State Bar of California’s Environmental Law Section (including past chair of its Legislative Committee).
Mr. Elliott’s professional experience includes:
- Practicing attorney in California, and also Registered Environmental Assessor (REA-1).
- Compliance consultant and legal advisor (since 1985), specializing in projects that address multiple legal frameworks simultaneously:
- He manages and/or supports compliance consulting projects for private and public sector clients and enforcement program design projects for public sector clients.
- Most projects involve a broad range of environmental, health and safety (EH&S) requirements, and some extend to broader compliance and governance issues.
- Some projects address not just organizational liability, but personal liability of management and implementation personnel, and due diligence requirements.
- Teacher of courses in Hazardous Materials Management Certificate programs, University of California. In 1994 he was named as the “Outstanding Teacher” in the Santa Cruz Extension program.