Last updated: April 2020
Welcome to the STP Compliance Suite website (the “Site”) licensed to your Organization (“Organization”) and bound by the terms and conditions of a License Agreement between STP ComplianceEHS (“STP”) and your Organization. Please review the following terms and conditions of use (the “Terms”) before using the Site. Checking the “I Agree” box at the end of this page constitutes a legally binding agreement between you (the “User”) and STP.
This Site contains proprietary material of STP which is protected by copyright and other laws respecting proprietary rights. The Site is also protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to US copyright laws, international conventions, and other copyright laws. STP retains all rights in this Site and the materials herein with the exception to any original government work, including those of any US federal or state regulatory body. You may not use this Site or any materials herein except as expressly permitted under these Terms.
If you disagree with any part of the Terms, you should not check the “I Accept” box and must immediately terminate use of the Site.
- The User does not acquire any ownership rights to any Content, software, or interactive features contained within the Site. The Site’s Content includes proprietary material of STP as well as republished works from various government agencies (the “Content”). STP makes no claims to any original government work.
- The User may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit, any of the Content, software, materials, or Site in whole or in part. In no event shall materials from this Site be stored in any information storage and retrieval system without prior written permission from STP. It is not permitted for the User to use crawling, scrapping, or other automated means to view, access or collect any Content from the Site.
- STP will save certain personal information from the User. This information includes but is not limited to your e-mail address (which is also your Username) into a user profile (“Profile”). This Profile will also hold any User’s saved information (e.g., searches, annotations, bookmarks, sticky notes, default settings, preferences and the like.These sets of information may be added to by STP. By accepting these Terms, the User authorizes STP to collect this information.
- STP may terminate or suspend access to our Site immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms. All provisions of the Terms which by their nature shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- STP’s Site may contain active links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by STP. STP has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the Content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites or services. STP is not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any third-party website.
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision, in our sole discretion, is material, STP will notify the User by email, and will update the ‘last modified’ date at the bottom of this page.
- A User is prohibited from providing their password to any another person or receiving the password from any other person.
- The Site allows the User to enter certain textual information you deem helpful to use the Content and Site. STP will not provide any uncontrolled access to this information. The Site provides the option to have such information marked as private or shared which means that anyone with a valid Username and password can see this information. STP will not use or disseminate this information to anyone other than your Organization’s provided user list.
- While STP attempts to include accurate information in the Site, occasional errors or omissions in Content may occur. STP will make reasonable efforts to correct these errors or omissions, but makes no representation regarding the accuracy of information provided. STP shall not be liable to any User or any other person for any damage caused in any part by the User’s use of the Site, reliance on the Content.
- STP is not responsible for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage of any kind resulting from, arising out of or any way related to (a) any errors in or omissions from this Site and its Content, including but not limited to technical inaccuracies and typographical errors, (b) any third party websites or Content therein directly or indirectly accessed through hyperlinks in this Site, including but not limited to any errors in or omissions therefrom, (c) the unavailability of this Site or any portion thereof, or (d) a User’s use of this Site. STP SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO THE USER OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED IN ANY PART BY USER’S USE OF THE SITE, USER’S RELIANCE ON THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE SITE OR STP’S SUPPORT SERVICES, OR FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, THE USER.
- All Content is for general informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional advice. In particular, STP is not a law firm and does not provide legal advice. There is no attorney-client relationship between you and STP. While user-provided Content is subject to an internal moderation process, we do not review the Content for legal sufficiency, we do not draw legal conclusions, and we do not apply the law to any particular set of facts or situations you may encounter. In using the Site, you indicate your understanding that STP does not provide legal advice and is not engaging in the practice of law.
- If there is any dispute about a violation or potential violation of these Terms, the laws of the State of New York will apply, and any disputes arising from it shall attorn to the courts of New York State. If any of these Terms are deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that Term shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining Terms.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.